Did you promise yourself to have a healthier lifestyle this 2014, but are still confused on where and how to start? Look no further! Rediscover Hilot, the Philippines’ very own traditional healing art, and make it your first step toward healthier living!
Are you a newbie to Hilot and need a bit more prodding? Check out eight good reasons below:
1. Hilot helps determine your general health condition. As with all plans for improvement, you first need a “baseline” with which to compare your future progress. Through traditional Hilot diagnosis, you will get a bird’s eye view of your health condition—in particular, which organs are problematic and in need of treatment (that is, if you don’t already know!). Armed with this knowledge, you will know which concerns you must first address for a healthier year.
2. Hilot addresses the health of your whole being. In contrast to conventional medicine with its array of specialists focused on only one body organ or system, Hilot takes the body as one organism and treats it as a whole. Hilot also recognizes the link between your body, mind, emotions, and spirit and acknowledges that often, diseases of the body only reflect deeper problems in the mind and emotions. Depending on your own receptivity, the healer can help guide you towards a better understanding of your mental and emotional condition to speed up healing and avoid similar problems in the future.
3. Hilot helps prevent potential health problems. Long before you begin to feel the first signs of discomfort, the healer or Hilot therapist can already detect imbalances in your body and work to restore these parts to good working order. Thus, your potential health problems are nipped in the bud!
4. Hilot is the lazy man’s exercise. No time or energy for the gym? Your Hilot therapist can do the exercising for you! A vigorous full-body Hilot session at ATHAG brings your muscles to their proper alignment and helps release toxins (just make sure to drink lots of water to flush them out of your system afterwards!). A Hilot session at ATHAG also incorporates gentle stretches to help limber up your legs and back and help improve flexibility. (For added cardio benefits, just get off at the corner and jog to our office. 😉
5. Hilot does for your body what a “tune-up” does for your car. So, you regularly bring your car to the service center to keep it running smoothly. Are you doing the same thing for your body, given that it is much, much more important than your car? If you are like most people who only feel their bodies when something is wrong, it is high time to give your body that much-needed preventive maintenance through regular Hilot sessions. Regular Hilot will help keep your vital organs in good working order, straighten out painful knots and kinks in your muscles, and promote an optimum flow of energy.
6. Hilot works in tandem with all-natural herbs and proper nutrition. When your body needs it, your Hilot sessions are supplemented with traditional Filipino herbal treatment to relieve the root cause(s) of your discomfort. You will also be given advice on diet for faster relief, and for the prevention of future instances of your ailment. For city dwellers who have no access to needed medicinal plants, ATHAG makes available traditional herbal teas and formulations from its affiliated communities.
7. Hilot fosters awareness and appreciation of your body. While the body is what enables us to do practically everything that we need to do, it is ironically often neglected. Many of us only pay attention to it when something is painful and we can’t go about our usual routine. However, regular Hilot at ATHAG will help you become more aware of your physique, as your Hilot therapist applies firm pressure to the length of your body, from the soles of your feet, to your fingertips, up to your scalp. As you become used to how your body is supposed to feel, you are more sensitive to any feelings of tightness or stiffness in your muscles and are more alert to any signals of imbalance.
8. Hilot rejuvenates and refreshes. “I felt as if I had just woken up from a good night’s sleep—even if I didn’t sleep at all!” is how an HR person described his Hilot experience. This is a pretty apt description too, as the dynamic strokes performed by ATHAG’s experienced Hilot therapists bring about a refreshing feeling of lightness, as well as a marked increase in energy levels.
But don’t just take our word for it—try it and experience a healthier year as you make traditional Hilot part of your health resolutions this 2014.
If you would like to experience traditional Hilot, please call the Association of Traditional Health Aid Givers Inc (ATHAG) at (0922) 884 4568 or (+632) 267 4012. Our office is open from Monday to Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.