ATHAG promotes Hilot as a scientific, mainstream healing modality through:
(1) Teaching traditional Hilot-Herbal healing. ATHAG conducts training programs on traditional Hilot-Herbal healing to spread knowledge about this ancient Filipino practice and ensure its continuity for the sake of future generations. These training programs are usually community-based, with the aim of providing livelihood opportunities for the trainees, in addition to valuable knowledge on how to maintain health. ATHAG also provides assistance in organizing newly-trained Hilot therapists.
Recently, Comprehensive Traditional Hilot was included as part of the curriculum of the naturopathy students of the Philippine Institute of Naturopathic Practitioners (PINS) and the Family Life and Wellness Institute (FLWI).
(2) Traditional healing through Hilot and Herbs. For individuals who wish to regain their health through traditional Hilot and Herbal treatment, the ATHAG office is open to serve you.
Here, you will experience:
- traditional Hilot diagnosis through pulse reading (pagpulso) and scanning of the back (pagkapa sa likod), among others;
- traditional Hilot applied by trained ATHAG Hilot therapists;
- traditional Filipino herbal treatment;
- diet advice (which foods to eat or avoid);
- advice on lifestyle (things to do or avoid) and
- health monitoring.
For those who wish to consult Dr. Fajardo, it is best to set an appointment before going to the ATHAG office.
(3) ATHAG Hilot Wellness Sequence. If you are basically healthy, but would like to experience the healing benefits of Hilot, you may also visit the office for the ATHAG Hilot Wellness Sequence. This sequence was designed by Dr. Fajardo according to the principles of traditional Hilot, so in itself, it is also healing.
One advantage of the ATHAG Hilot Wellness Sequence, because it is basically Hilot and encompasses the entire body, is that specific areas prone to imbalance (or are already in the beginning stages of imbalance) are identified and duly addressed.
(4) Training of spa therapists on the ATHAG Hilot Wellness Sequence. Spas that would like to offer authentic Hilot Wellness services may contact ATHAG to set up a training program for their therapists.
(5) Spreading the word about Hilot through seminars, the internet, and other media. Dr. Fajardo and ATHAG welcome opportunities to explain the science of Hilot through seminars, lecture-demonstrations, radio and TV guestings, and others.